Commencing gymnastics is like building a house!
If you have weak fundamentals, the house won’t be stable!
Progressions to Purpose (P2P) is exactly the fundamental program you may be looking for!
This program is designed especially for AGDA and offers the following advantages for your child:
• Teaches gymnastic skills from beginner steps through to advance.
• Each child in this program commences in the skill appropriate class and is taught to develop gymnastics skills relevant to each apparatus
• Each child's progression is individually monitored during class and is judged during our testing week at the end of each term.
The P2P program is a five step program where at the end of every Term gymnasts, if passing all necessary requirements, can move up a step of each of the levels. At the end of the P2P program the gymnast will move to our Recreational Levels Program.
Progressions 2 Purpose
Gymnastics is an excellent avenue for gaining
confidence, athletic co-ordination & presonal growth.
Progressions To Purpose is the strength of our fundamentals to help all gymnasts reach their goals. From a very early stage this program distinguishes technique, from school yard play.
When joining our programs you are giving your child the very best in gymnastics programs and instruction.
Gymnastics is the fundamental sport of all sports. All of the basic body movements and developments are taught through gymnastics.
Gymnastics focuses and develops:
• Self esteem, Body awareness
• Co-ordination Gross and fine
• Visual Tracking and Flexibility
• Muscle Strength and Endurance
AGDA P2P Programs Promote & Develop:-
• Body Awareness
• Individual Learning
• Self Confidence
• Social Skills
• Co-ordination & Balance
• Fine & Gross Motor Skills
• School Readiness
• Visual Tracking for Reading
• Muscular Strength & Endurance for Posture
• Fun, Safe & Challenging Movement Experiences
The P2P Steps: -
Playful Platypus ( Ages 5-9)
This is the Step 1 in our P2P program where, for the first time, parents are not required on the floor with the little gymnast.
The child learns to use all the apparatus in the gym as well as:
• Jump and land correctly (and safely) using the beat boards and tramps.
• Swing and increase upper body strength, learn different positions on the bars.
• Walk correctly, climb up and jump off safely, jumps and poses on the beam.
• All forms of rolls, to take their weight onto their hands, and beginning steps to handstands and cartwheels on floor.
Magic Monkeys' (Ages 6-9)
The Monkey's program is the second step in the beginners gymnast path of learning gymnastics. This program is not only fun and challenging it also full of excitement and fitness! The gymnasts experience all apparatus's and commence learning all the fun rolls and tumbles here!
Bouncing Bunnys' (Ages 7-9)
The Bunny's program is the third step in the beginners gymnasts path. The gymnasts experience all apparatus's and continue learning all the fun rolls and tumbles here! This program is not only fun and challenging it also full of excitement and fitness!
Powerful Possums' (Ages 8-9)
The Possum's program is the fourth step in the beginners gymnast path of learning gymnastics. This program is not only fun and challenging it also full of excitement and fitness! The gymnasts experience all apparatus's and continue learning all the fun rolls and tumbles here!
Stretchy Seals' (Ages 9 and above)
The Seal's program is the fifth & final step in the beginners gymnast path of learning gymnastics. This program is not only fun and challenging it also full of excitement and fitness! The gymnasts experience all apparatus's and continue learning all the fun rolls and tumbles here! Once the Seals step is completed gymnasts can move to AGDAs Recreational Programs!
Please see our Timetable for Class Times
Want to Register for a Trial? No Problems!
You can register for a Trial at any time via our website or by calling AGDA Administration. Once registering you will receive a confirmation email.
Please note a new member registering into a program with payment will take priority over trialling members. So if you are booking in for a trial and that class is close to capacity be aware that you may be asked to reschedule to another time if that class becomes full (you will receive a phone call if this occurs). However you can secure your position by paying and booking into the program. When a member of our Administration Team calls you to confirm the booking please request this option to book and pay to secure your spot. If joining part way through a term AGDA will pro rata your fees from your starting date.
AGDA offers a 1/2 price family discount on membership fees for when more than one child enrols into an AGDA program.