Recreational participants must have a Red or Navy Blue AGDA Leotard for events. They are also encouraged to purchase a training shirt but this is not compulsory. No school uniforms are to be worn as training outfits. For AGDAs Competitive attire requirements, please see the Competitive Handbook for a detailed explanation of Training attire and Compeitive attire required.
Pick up and Drop off
Participants must be picked up and dropped off from inside the venue to ensure the safety of your child. All children are to wait inside the venue for their parent to arrive. No child will be allowed to exit without the presence of their Parents or authorised person (authorised by parent or guardian).
AGDA terms do not coincide with the public school terms. We are closed all public holidays. We are open and classes continue to run as usual on student free days and School Holidays.
National Risk Protection Program
What is the National Risk Protection Program?
The Gymnastics Australia National Risk Protection Program (NRPP) is arranged by JLT Sport in conjunction with Gymnastics Australia and State Associations and includes a number of benefits provided to gymnastics clubs throughout each State and Territory.
Through the NRPP all registered members have access to quality insurance at an affordable and consistent price. The goal of the NRPP is to provide suitable insurance and a long term solution and peace of mind for all clubs into the future.
What does the National Risk Protection program involve?
The NRPP provides competitively broad protection across the following insurance areas:
• Personal Accident Cover: For Capital Benefits, Non-Medicare Medical expenses and Loss of Income
• General Liability Cover (including Professional Indemnity Cover)
• Club Management Liability Cover including Directors and Officers Liability, Employment Practices Liability and Employee Theft Cover
Policies and Codes of Behaviour:
Please click on any of the links below to view the related Policy or Code of Behaviour:
• Complaints Procedure Flowchart 2015
• AGDA Fee and Payment Policy 2016
• General Code of Behaviour 2015
• Gymnastics and Dance Insurance Policy
• Gymnastics Australia's Member Protection Policy
• Gymnastics Safety Guidelines 2015
• Judges Code of Behaviour 2015
• Judges Code of Ethics 2015
• Make up Class Policy 2016
• Member Protection Policy
• Member Protection Policy Appendix A
• Member Protection Policy Appendix B
• Member Protection Policy Appendix C
• Parents and Spectators Code of Behaviour 2015
• Participants Code of Behaviour 2015
• Privacy of Information Policy 2015
• Health Safety and Equipment Policy 2015
AGDA throughout the year will request members to complete surveys online. Please feel free to give us as much feedback as possible so we can improve AGDA's services to you.
Click here for the Encouragement Feedback Form 2013
Don't Like what we are doing? - Tell US!
Love what we are doing? - TELL EVERYONE!
If at any time you want to give encouragement, are unhappy or would like more information, please complete AGDAs Encouragement and Feedback Form. This can be found in the link above or ask for a form from Administration.
AGDA cannot investigate a complaint unless it is in writing. We want to make sure no miscommunication occurs with your feedback. We prevent this by requiring written communication.
2016 Gymnastics Insurance Policy
When you pay your Gymnastics and Dance Membership fee it automatically provides valuable insurance benefits to your child as stated below.
Click here for the 2016 Insurance Policy details.
Sports Injury -
Athletes who are injured whilst involved in a gymnastics and dance activity and susequently require treatment, can claim the non-Medicare expenses incurred and/or disablement benefits if disablement occurs.
Please note that the policy is a reimbursement policy and that claimants must pay for their treatment first and then forward receipts to make a claim.
Gymnastics Australia: www.gymnastics.org.au
Gymnastics QLD: www.gymqld.org.au
Parents and Spectators
Parents/ Spectators are NOT permitted to enter the gym floor at any time to speak with a coach. All enquiries MUST go via Administration who will relay written information and/ or feedback forms to the required staff.
Breaches of the Parent/ Spectator Code of Behaviour will be considered extremely serious and acted on.